This workshop includes four ninety-minute session with local Western Massachusetts based guitarist, singer-songwriter, and guitar instructor Stan Pyrzanowski. Saturday afternoons starting April 18th and ending May 9th.
Participants in this learning opportunity will expand their playing ability by acquiring basic tools and knowledge that will also help in demystifying the instrument. As well as gaining pathways towards better ways to learn to play music on their own.
The teaching artist will fully explain how the material provided can be applied to the musical styles of Rock N Roll, Classic Rock, Blues, Folk, Country, Pop, and Reggae by demonstration on guitar many songs in the above genres using only material covered in the workshop.
The participant will take away a new excitement for the guitar, and an enriched sensibility of music.
– A working guitar, preferably an acoustic
– A small chord vocabulary of at least 5 chords
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
– The I IV V chord progression (also known as the blues progression)
– Several riffs (the non-strumming parts found in many songs)
– A Pentatonic scale for exploring lead guitar
– Several dexterity building finger exercises
– The twelve bar blues
– How to use a device called a capo
– About the art of jamming
Stan Pyrzanowski has been teaching private guitar lessons for 25 years. He has studied at The Guitar Study Center at The New School For Social Research in New York City, and privately with the late Ronny Lee, a world renown guitar instructor and music instruction author.
* To reserve spot in workshop participants must send check before April 18th to:
Foundry West Stockbridge LLC
P.O Box 151, West Stockbridge MA 01266