The unique, intimate venue is available to rent for weddings, fundraisers, community events, and rehearsal space. Rates are available for hourly, daily, and weekly. Non-profit organizations qualify for discounted rates.
In the heart of the endearing village of West Stockbridge, MA, The Foundry provides an an intimate venue for a range of events including celebrations, weddings, meetings, music, theater, multi-media performances, screenings, community gatherings, and fundraisers.
Located just off Route I-90, The Foundry is 40 minutes from Albany, 60 minutes from North Hampton, 20 minutes from both Great Barrington, and Pittsfield. New York City and Boston are only 2 to 2.5 hours away. The Shaker Mill Inn, is a charming 9-room bed and breakfast within walking distance to the venue.
Indoor events can take place in the 40′ by 40′ black-box theater that accommodates 99 persons or in the sunny 23’ by 43’ gallery accommodating 75 persons lecture-style seating or 60 persons seated at round tables.
Outdoor events can take place upon The Green on the west side of the building abutted by a beautiful stone wall which also serves as the home to the West Stockbridge Farmer’s market on Thursday afternoons mid-May through mid-October. Just outside the gallery on the building’s east side is a pea stone patio with property leading to the Williams river.
The facilities feature:
- Performance lighting package
- State-of-the-art projector, 9′ by 12′ screen
- Flexible professional sound package with 5 speakers + subwoofer covers a variety of possible needs including basic speech amplification, DJ setup, 5.1 surround for film and music performance setup w/ up to 3 stage monitors.
- Fixed-pipe grid
- Upstairs 20’ by 20’ green room with kitchen facilities and full bath
- Staging area kitchen/bar
- Full liquor license on premises
- Box office
- Accessible parking
- Two ADA accessible bathrooms
Recommended caterers in the area are: